Monday, February 24, 2014

NICU Day 21: 3 weeks old!

Dear Colton,

Happy Birthday!!! Today you are 3 weeks old! I can't even believe it's been 3 weeks. In a way it seems like time has flown by and in another way, it seems like it's been forever! Each day you are cuter than the next…if that's even possible!
Happy Birthday to our little cutie!
Today you and I had another fun day in the 'parent room.' Mommy stayed with you all day while you were in the NICU instead of waiting outside in the waiting room between your feedings. It was just like when you come home! Mommy really enjoys the days when they let me take care of you all on my own without then nurses in the room with us.

Today Grandma Jibby came just in time for your bath time. You really enjoy sitting in the tub of water! And you keep gaining weight daily, which is so great! Today you weigh 4 pounds, 6.9 ounces! You're getting so big and your cheeks are getting really cute and chubby!

At your lunch time feeding, the nurse said you had a 'desat' but of course Mommy didn't think it was a 'real' one. The monitor said you were, but it was while I was feeding you and burping you so most likely it was a one-time thing (or at least we really hope that was all it was!)

Daddy was on his way to the hospital for your 6p feeding when he ran into traffic on 95. 695 was closed down and he needed to go 695 to get to the hospital. Thing is, we have to leave the NICU at 6:30p every day so I had no clue how he was going to make it on time. But, Daddy was determined and managed to drive all the way up to Mountain Road and drove all the way back down Route 1 and got here by 6p and was able to hold you for 30 minutes. I have no clue how he got here so fast during rush hour, but he was absolutely determined to see his little guy before it was time for you to got to sleep for the rest of the night! Daddy loves you so much!!!

Mommy didn't get a chance to talk to any of the doctors today, which I guess is good, but I was really hoping they would tell us we are getting closer to your discharge date. Mommy is trying her best to be patient..but I can tell we are getting close, we're just waiting for someone to come out and tell us!

Here are some pics from today!
Right after your bath! Mommy spiked your hair so it was like Daddy's hair!

Sleeping…you're good at this!
Sweet dreams buddy! Soon we will be able to say your prayers and read your goodnight books from the comfort of your home! We can't wait for you to see it for the first time. We are counting down the days!

Love you buddy!
Mommy, Daddy & Youkilis

No comments:

Post a Comment