I was admitted to the hospital around 11:30p. The plan was to induce labor by giving me pitocin to induce labor. (Since my water broke prior to having contractions there was risk of infection so that's why they had to induce labor.) I was given pitocin around 3:30a and within the hour the contractions started. At first, they weren't too bad, but by 5:30a they were 'grab the side of the bed and breathe through them' kind of contractions. Meanwhile, over in the corner of the room, Daddy Drew was snoring while I grimacing in pain every 2 minutes. I'll never forget that. :)
I decided I wasn't trying to be a hero and hadn't planned on having a natural birth, so the epidural was ordered and by 6:30a I was pain free. At about 9:30a the doctor came in for the first time to check me and she quickly said 'It's time to start pushing" and in about 15 minutes later our beautiful baby girl Hayden Rae Robinson was born on February 10, 2015 at 5 lbs. 12.6 ounces and 19.75 inches long.
At 36 weeks and 1 day she was considered a late-term preemie so there were NICU nurses (who looked very familiar) in the delivery room with us just in case, but thanks to the good Lord above, they left minutes after she was born. Our baby girl was staying with Mommy and Daddy...and a few days later would go home with us. After 10 long months of worrying and feeling scared daily, our prayers were answered with a healthy baby girl.
Two days later, we took our baby girl home to meet her big brother Colton!
Life has changed...again...as we know it!


No comments:
Post a Comment