Thank goodness our second birth story is much less interesting than our first. And that's a GREAT thing!
Two days after moving into our new home that we are renting from Dave and my Mom (thank goodness for them)...it started. Drew and I went to bed around 10:30p Monday night and about 20 minutes later when I was just beginning to fall asleep I felt a warm 'wetness' in the bed...like I peed myself a little. I immediately sat up, said "Oooo, Drew!" and quickly waddled to the bathroom.
It...was...time.
I knew we had to go to the hospital, so I called the emergency number to let them know. But that wasn't before I called the emergency number for Colton's pediatrician which took me a solid couple minutes to figure out with the woman on the phone that I had called the absolute wrong number. Thank you pregnancy brain! After calling the right number, Drew and I waited for my Mom and Dave to come over to stay with Colton and then we hopped in the car and drove through the snow/sleet storm to the hospital.
When we arrived the doctor checked me and said whatever the 'water' was coming out of me it wasn't amniotic fluid. Just to be safe they hooked me up to a few monitors to make sure all was OK and after about an hour or so they sent me on my way. But, not before I went to the bathroom and I looked on the floor only to find more 'water', or at this point the doctor had convinced me I just had a weak bladder or something and I was peeing on the floor unbeknownst to me. I shrugged it off and Drew and I walked out of the triage area to go home. Actually I took one step out the door, turned around, walked back in to the doctor and said, "I really don't think I'm peeing my pants right now. My pants are soaked." We all laughed and he agreed to check me one more time before we drove the 40 minutes home in the ice storm.
He checked me once again...and this time it was amniotic fluid.
My water broke and baby girl Robinson would soon be on her way!
When we arrived the doctor checked me and said whatever the 'water' was coming out of me it wasn't amniotic fluid. Just to be safe they hooked me up to a few monitors to make sure all was OK and after about an hour or so they sent me on my way. But, not before I went to the bathroom and I looked on the floor only to find more 'water', or at this point the doctor had convinced me I just had a weak bladder or something and I was peeing on the floor unbeknownst to me. I shrugged it off and Drew and I walked out of the triage area to go home. Actually I took one step out the door, turned around, walked back in to the doctor and said, "I really don't think I'm peeing my pants right now. My pants are soaked." We all laughed and he agreed to check me one more time before we drove the 40 minutes home in the ice storm.
He checked me once again...and this time it was amniotic fluid.
My water broke and baby girl Robinson would soon be on her way!
No comments:
Post a Comment