Friday, October 25, 2013

when your clothes stop fitting ...

WARNING TO ALL THE MEN IN MY LIFE: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY OPEN AND HONEST INSIGHTS OF PREGNANCY

An open letter from, who else, but my vagina!

Dear Amber,

You are now 16 1/2 weeks pregnant. Why on God's green Earth do you think it's OK to wear your regular size 4 pants to work when you've gained nearly 10 pounds in 4 months?! Clearly, you have no concept of 'acceptance of weight gain' or you would have surely understood that with weight gain comes larger-sized clothes.

Truly, here today, I am suffocating. I am uncomfortable. And...I plan on making the rest of your day that much more tough to bear than it already is when pregnant.

In the coming days, I hope that you become more considerate of your 'lady parts' when selecting your outfit each morning.

I will leave you with some honest, yet simple, advice: The size 4 pants that continue to stare at you in your closet ... put them away! Put them far away, in a box and don't open it until maybe this time next year. Because honey, you're not going to fit in those slim-fitting pants for a good while. And maybe in a year, I'll be able to breathe in them once again.

Love,
Your Vagina

No comments:

Post a Comment