Weight: 6 lbs, 1 oz
Well, we've been home from the hospital for two weeks and things are beginning to feel settled and more 'real.' Colton has gotten into a sleep routine, this week sleeping less in between feedings than last week. He's been sleeping about 2 1/2 - 3 hours at a time and eating like a little piggy, which is great.
Drew and I also have gotten into a sleep routine…at least for short term. With Drew working full time and me staying at home full time, many of our first nights I have slept on the couch downstairs with our little man. This is mainly due to not having any furniture in his nursery yet and only able to change him downstairs in the pack 'n play and also having access to the kitchen for his feedings. In the next few days we'll be back upstairs with Daddy once his furniture arrives for the nursery and I can change him in his own bedroom right down the hall. But…just because we're in a sleep routine doesn't mean that we're not tired. This is a pic of Drew watching Duke (his favorite basketball team) play in the ACC tournament.
 |
| Sleep just isn't the same once a baby is born |
This week our biggest challenge was reflux. At our second pediatrician appointment we let her know that Colton seemed to be struggling slightly when eating. She put Colton on a probiotic and said we would probably see the effects of it in 7 - 10 days. Well, the was too long of a wait. In about 48 hours, the reflux was so bad Colton was stressing through every burp in every feeding, therefore he was eating less because it hurt, but as a result was hungry so was sleeping less. I emailed the doctor at 4 a.m. this morning and she called me at 8 a.m. to come into the office. Thank goodness. She immediately put him on a very small dose of Zantac, which was immediate relief for our little guy.
Once that was settled, I felt much better. When Colt is not feeling well…I completely stress. Something I definitely learned this week.
We also had a few visitors this week, including Colt's Great Grandmom Nan and his Aunt Nicole. Great Grandmom Nan and Uncle Bryan both celebrated birthdays this week. Uncle Bryan is 31 and Great Grandmom Nan is 92. For her birthday she got to hold Colton for the very first time.
 |
| Great Grandmom Nan holding Colt for the first time |
 |
| Happy 92nd Birthday Great Grandmom Nan! |
 |
| We sent this picture to Uncle Bryan for his birthday this week |
 |
| Aunt Nicole meeting Colt for the first time |
This week we also learned that Colt loves to lay on my chest right after he eats and then falls fast asleep. He has been eating breast milk by bottle but this week I tried once again to breast feed him. It was successful one day and that was it. Maybe we'll try again next week when he's a bit older!
I was also able to hold him in the sling across my chest this week for the first time. Colt really seemed to like it. We've been doing tummy time as well, but only for a few minutes. The doctor said Colt probably wouldn't be into it until after he turns 2 months old which would be like he is a newborn in 'preemie age.' Love this little bug!
 |
| Right after breastfeeding him successfully for the first time. |
 |
Thank you Aunt Gina for this cool sling!
Colt loves to lay in this while I am working around the house. |
 |
| Big Stretch!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment