Sunday, September 29, 2013

recognizing a passion

It's all about passion...for what you do and for who you are. As a 33-year-old, mother-to-be, I believe I've just now found out exactly what I am passionate about in life. For some it's your career or maybe a hobby. For me, it's my family.

My mom, my dad, and my brother -- they were my immediate family growing up. But since then, our family of four has expanded into a family of well...a lot. Over the past several years, I've been lucky enough to gain a stepdad, stepmom, a sister-in-law, my first niece, two stepbrothers and a stepsister. And that's just on my side.

My amazing husband and I got married on a farm in Maryland 3 1/2 months ago, and well, we didn't waste any time getting started on a family of our own...and we couldn't be happier. We are three months pregnant and are expecting the first addition to our family in early April 2014.

Just Married!

It wasn't until recently when I was just a few weeks pregnant that it suddenly hit me how much our lives were about to change. At first of course, I was a little numb to the idea {I'll call it disbelief}, not actually realizing what's really about to happen in a little less than one year. But then, it just hit me. I'm going to be a Mom. We're going to be parents. And just like that, my world as I knew it changed. 

Now, don't get me wrong. There are days, like today for instance, where I'm going about my life as I normally would {pre-pregnancy}, and catch myself nearly forgetting that I'm pregnant. One quick switch back to reality {there's a baby in my belly} and my perspective on my day changes, priorities change, and I get anxious and excited for what's to come. 

This is my passion. Marrying my best friend, becoming a Mom, starting a family, and being the best Mom I can be...just like my own Mom.
Baby Robinson 12 weeks















I never thought that at 33 I'd just be figuring out my passion in life. But this is it. My truth...my passion. Am I scared? Yup. A little nervous? You betcha. But I couldn't be more excited for this new journey our lives are about to take together... along our Country Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment